With extracts of Senna, standardized to 10% Sennoside and Buckthorn, standardized to 20% Glucofrangulins.
Senna, standardized to 10% Sennoside, Buckthorn, standardized to 20% Glucofrangulins, Fructooligosaccharides, Asian Plum, Tamarind, Apple, Fig, Japanese Plum, Chinese Date, St. John’s wort.
What is chronic constipation?
Chronic constipation is a condition characterized by difficult defecation that persists for at least three months. Persons with chronic constipation often experience: hard and dry stools, bloating, discomfort or pain when defecating.
There are several possible causes of chronic constipation, including:
- a diet low in fiber and water
- gastrointestinal tract disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease or diverticulosis
- certain medications, such as opioids, antidepressants or antispasmodics
- certain medical conditions, such as hypothyroidism or diabetes
- getting older
Who is prone to chronic constipation?
Chronic constipation can affect anyone, but certain groups of individuals are more prone to developing it.
Risk factors include:
- Older age: older persons are more susceptible to chronic constipation due to reduced gut muscle activity and hormonal changes, but also due to a reduction in digestive enzymes.
- Women: are more prone to chronic constipation than men because of hormonal differences and the effects of pregnancy on the digestive tract.
- Sedentary persons: persons with a reduced physical activity schedule are more prone to chronic constipation.
- Persons with a low-fiber diet: a diet high in processed foods and low in fiber (vegetables, fruit, whole grains) can contribute to chronic constipation.
- Persons taking certain medications: opioids, antidepressants and antipsychotics can lead to chronic constipation.
- Persons with medical conditions: such as irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes, hypothyroidism and Parkinson’s disease.
How do we treat chronic constipation?
The treatment of chronic constipation depends on its underlying causes. In general, the treatment of chronic constipation includes a combination of lifestyle changes and the use of medication to improve the bowel transit.
Here are several treatment options for chronic constipation:
- Lifestyle changes: increased fiber intake, adequate hydration and regular exercise.
- Behavioral therapy: certain persons with chronic constipation may benefit from behavioral therapy to help change their bowel habits and improve the bowel transit.
- Laxative food supplements: these can be used to help improve bowel movements and treat constipation. Dietary supplements with buckthorn may help improve the bowel movements.
How does the buckthorn extract help in chronic constipation?
Buckthorn (Rhamnus frangula) is a medicinal herb known for its laxative properties and is traditionally used to treat constipation.
The main active substances in buckthorn are anthraquinones, such as frangulin and emodin, which have laxative effects by stimulating the intestinal contractions and increasing the volume of water in the intestine. Also, buckthorn may help in relieving the pain and inflammation in the digestive tract.
It is important to mention that the use of buckthorn for constipation should be treated with caution and should not be used long-term, as it can lead to dependence and decreased effectiveness.
HERBOLAX® + Buckthorn Benefits:
HERBOLAX®+ Buckthorn facilitates the intestinal transit in chronic constipation. It:
- Helps in stimulating the peristalsis and intestinal motility;
- Supports the digestive comfort;
- Contributes to the deep detoxification of the body.
- Cases of chronic constipation (not responding to diet therapy);
- Pre- and post-operative treatment;
- Opioid, antidepressant, antipsychotic use;
- Chronic constipation in the context of conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, diabetes, hypothyroidism and Parkinson’s disease.
Adults: 1 – 2 capsules in the evening, with 200 ml of water, occasionally, not more than 7 consecutive days, in order not to create dependence.
Seniors start with half the normal dose.
Consume 1-2 liters of fluids per day.
Buckthorn extract should be taken as directed in the package leaflet. Long-term abuse may lead to demineralization of the body and irritation of the colon.
It is recommended to combine with Colonox Colon Detox® 30 vegetable capsules for colon protection and with Multi-Vitamin Multi-Mineral for remineralization of the body.
Active ingredients/ vegetable capsule:
|Senna (Cassia angustifolia) 15:1 leaf extract||240mg|
|standardized to min. 10% sennosides||24mg|
|Buckthorn (Rhamnus frangula) bark extract||24mg|
|standardized to min. 20% glucofrangulin||10mg|
|Asian plums/Ume (Prunus mume) juice powder||50 mg|
|Tamarind (Tamarindus indica) seed powder||25 mg|
|Apple (Malus pumila) fruit powder||25 mg|
|Fig (Ficus carica) fruit powder||25 mg|
|Japanese plum (Prunus salicina) fruit powder||25 mg|
|Chinese date (Ziziphus jujuba) fruit powder||10 mg|
|St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) powder from aerial parts||10 mg|
Does NOT contain: dyes, artificial flavors, preservatives, sugar, sodium, gluten/wheat, crustaceans/fish, eggs, peanuts/nuts, lactose.
STORAGE CONDITIONS: at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
* The products sold through the website www.cosmopharm.eu are food supplements. Food supplements do not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. They do not require a medical prescription and do not replace a treatment prescribed by a specialist doctor. The effects of the products vary from one person to another depending on lifestyle, metabolism, age, state of health, etc. It is not mandatory to obtain the expected results, or those already obtained by the people who used our products. If you suffer from certain ailments, it is recommended to consult your doctor before using the product. You must not use the information present in these pages to diagnose or treat any health problem or disease or to replace the medicines and treatments prescribed by authorized medical personnel. Carefully read the description, label, packaging or leaflet of the product before using it!
* All images are for presentation purposes.
You may also like…
Probiotics: 30 capsules to restore the intestinal flora – 10 billion CFU: It restores flora and regulates the transit. It increases the body immunity. It stops the growth of harmful bacteria.