Sleep is one of our basic natural needs and essential for our health and our own performance.
Melatonin 3 mg, thanks to its extended-release formula, ensures restful sleep throughout the night.
What is melatonin?
Melatonin is a natural hormone produced in the pineal gland of the brain that controls the day-night rhythm.
Melatonin levels begin to rise in the evening, when the sun sets, and fall in the morning, when the sun rises.
The amount of light we receive each day determines how much melatonin the body produces, thus regulating the body’s biological clock (circadian rhythm).
Scientific data on melatonin has been available since 1917, but it was not until 1995, at MIT, USA, that the first patent was issued on the use of the sleep hormone melatonin.
Role of melatonin in the body
Melatonin supplements help with insomnia, jet lag, sleep-wake phase dysregulation, sleep and anxiety disorders, vision disorders, before and after surgery.
A high level of natural melatonin is essential for fast falling asleep and restful sleep.
Melatonin has beneficial effects for seasonal depression, compulsive eating and immunity.
Lack of melatonin
The factors that affect the melatonin production are: stress, smoking, exposure to too much light at night (artificial light, blue light), lack of natural light during the day, shift work and advancing age.
Low melatonin levels are seen in diseases such as dementia, some mood disorders, severe pain, cancer and type 2 diabetes.
The body’s reactions to low melatonin levels include:
- Sleep disorders and insomnia.
- Increased risk of cataracts or macular degeneration.
- Potential association with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Increased anxiety and nervousness.
- Possible links to ADHD (attention deficit disorder), hyperactivity, and autism.
- Potential impact on irritable bowel syndrome.
- Elevated blood pressure.
- Potential association with alopecia (hair loss).
Melatonin-based dietary supplements play a significant role in supporting the proper functioning of the body. They effectively restore the circadian rhythm and promote a healthy balance.
Benefits of Melatonin 3mg:
- Promotes restful sleep without adverse effects.
- Helps combat insomnia.
- Regulates the sleep-wake rhythm.
- Exhibits antioxidant effects.
- Stimulates the immune system.
The difference between COSMO PHARM® Melatonin 3 mg capsules and other melatonin sleep pills is as follows:
- Melatonin 3 mg in COSMO PHARM® capsules is designed to release gradually over an extended period of time, ensuring its beneficial effects throughout the night.
- Vegetable tablets: COSMO PHARM® Melatonin 3 mg is administered as vegetable tablets, making it suitable for individuals following a vegan or vegetarian diet.
- Recommendation by SNPCAR: This product is recommended by the Society of Child and Adolescent Neurology and Psychiatry in Romania (SNPCAR), indicating its credibility and suitability for use.
- Safety and minimal side effects:
- Melatonin 3 mg is considered safe with minimal side effects. However, it is important to note that it may interact with certain medications such as anticoagulants, immunosuppressants, and antidepressants. It is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before taking melatonin if you are on any medications.
Effects and Benefits of Melatonin 3mg:
- Plays an essential role in naturally inducing sleep and balancing the sleep-wake state.
- Has hypnotic properties, helping to induce sleep, and sedative effects, reducing anxiety.
- Improves the quality of nighttime rest without causing side effects.
- Regulates the circadian rhythm, making it beneficial for night shift workers and drivers.
- Fights insomnia by regulating the sleep-wake rhythm and addressing dysfunctions caused by time zone changes.
- Revitalizes the entire endocrine system.
- Exhibits antioxidant effects by neutralizing the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Stimulates and protects the immune system.
- Stimulates the production of growth hormones secreted by the pituitary gland.
Administration of Melatonin 3mg is recommended for:
- Adjusting the sleep-wake rhythm in: insomnia, on the background of stress, time zone change; cumulative fatigue, intellectual overwork, transient depressive states, temporary indispositions.
- Relief of mental disorders: anxiety, seasonal affective disorders (atypical depression, seasonal depression – spring asthenia), alcoholism.
Melatonin 3mg: 1 capsule in the evening, 30-40 minutes before bedtime, to induce sleep naturally.
Contraindications: Do not associate with stimulants (coffee, alcohol, energy drinks), or antidepressants (MAOIs). Do not sleep with lights on, TV or other sources.
Duration of administration
3 months, followed by a break of one month, after which the administration can be resumed. One box of 10/30 capsules is sufficient for 10/30 days.
Melatonin 3mg is not recommended in case of pregnancy or breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before taking.
|Melatonin with Extended Release||3 mg|
* The products sold through the website www.cosmopharm.eu are food supplements. Food supplements do not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. They do not require a medical prescription and do not replace a treatment prescribed by a specialist doctor. The effects of the products vary from one person to another depending on lifestyle, metabolism, age, state of health, etc. It is not mandatory to obtain the expected results, or those already obtained by the people who used our products. If you suffer from certain ailments, it is recommended to consult your doctor before using the product. You must not use the information present in these pages to diagnose or treat any health problem or disease or to replace the medicines and treatments prescribed by authorized medical personnel. Carefully read the description, label, packaging or leaflet of the product before using it!
* All images are for presentation purposes.
You may also like…
Antidepressant. Emotionally balancing. It fights depressive and anxious states! It induces calmness, relaxation, good mood and restful sleep. It increases the resistance to stress.