Patent Exocyan™Cran: 160:1 cranberry fruit extract standardized with 40% proanthocyanidins.
✔️ Organic cranberry extracts NON-GMO – Produced in France;
✔️ Type A PACs help in reducing the adhesion of E. coli bacteria to the walls of the urinary tract.
✔️ Approved by the highest authority in the field, FDA (Food and Drug Administration) USA.
🌿 4-5:1 Bearberry extract standardized to min. 10% arbutin.
🌿 4-5:1 extract of Horsetail standardized to min. 7% silicon.
What are the proanthocyanidins?
Proanthocyanidins derived from cranberries are the subject of numerous clinical studies on urinary tract infections. Several studies suggest that the cranberry-derived proanthocyanidins may help in the prevention of urinary tract infections by inhibiting the adhesion of bacteria to the lining of the urinary tract.
This may be helpful in reducing the recurrence of infections.
READ MORE ↓
What are urinary tract infections?
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by bacteria or other micro-organisms that invade the urinary tract (bladder, urethra, ureters and kidneys). The most common forms of UTIs are cystitis (bladder infection) and urethritis (infection of the urethra).
Symptoms of urinary tract infections:
- a burning sensation when urinating or pain when urinating;
- the need to urinate often;
- blood in the urine (haematuria);
- feeling pressure or pain in the lower abdomen or behind the pelvic bones;
- fever and tiredness.
- Urinary tract infection When do urinary tract infections occur?
- Urinary tract infections can be caused by different types of bacteria, but the most common is Escherichia coli (E. coli), which is usually found in the large intestine and can migrate to the urethra and bladder. Other bacteria that can cause urinary tract infections include Proteus, Klebsiella, Enterobacter and Staphylococcus.
Certain factors which increase the risk of developing urinary tract infections include:
- older age;
- active sex life;
- use of contraceptive devices such as diaphragms and spermicides;
- incomplete urination;
- vesicoureteral reflux (backflow of urine from the bladder back into the ureters).
Who is prone to urinary tract infections?
- Anyone can develop a urinary tract infection at any time of life, but certain groups of individuals are more susceptible than others. These include:
- Urinary tract infection in women: about 40% to 60% of women will experience a urinary tract infection at least once in their lifetime, while in men, the frequency is much lower. Women are more prone to UTIs than men because their urethra is shorter and closer to the anus, which facilitates the migration of bacteria from this area to the urinary tract.
- Persons with health problems: people with conditions affecting the urinary system, such as vesicoureteral reflux, kidney stones, urinary tract obstructions, and those with diabetes are more prone to urinary tract infections.
Attention! Persons suffering from diabetes should not combine D-mannose with the treatment for urinary tract infections, as it may increase the blood sugar levels.
- Persons with a weakened immune system: such as those suffering from cancer, HIV/AIDS or taking immunosuppressive drugs, are more susceptible to urinary tract infections.
- Elderly persons: the elderly are more prone to urinary tract infections, as their kidneys may have lower functionality and their immune system may be weakened.
- Persons on antibiotic therapy: prolonged antibiotic use can alter the normal bacterial flora in the urinary tract, which can lead to an increase in pathogenic bacteria and the development of a urinary tract infection. It is therefore advisable to combine the antibiotic administration with a probiotic with Lactobacillus.
How can we treat urinary tract infections naturally?
It is important to consult a physician in case of a urinary tract infection and to follow a treatment for urinary tract infections. The specialist will either prescribe an antibiotic for your urinary tract infection or natural remedies that can help relieve the symptoms of urinary tract infections, such as the use of cranberry supplements in capsule or tablet form.
Urinary tract infection – natural treatment:
Drinking water: drinking water and other fluids can help flush bacteria from the urinary tract and prevent them from accumulating in the bladder. At least eight glasses of water a day is recommended.
Cranberry extracts: Cranberries can help in preventing the recurrence of urinary tract infections by preventing the bacteria from adhering to the bladder walls.
Drinking herbal teas: certain herbs, such as Uva-ursi or Bearberry, can help boost the immune system, detoxify the kidneys and relieve the bladder infections.
Cranberries. Benefits in urinary infections
What are the cranberries?
The cranberries are small, sour red fruits, also known as red cranberries. Blueberries are rich in nutrients and antioxidants and have been shown in clinical studies to help with urinary tract infections. They:
- Contribute in preventing the bacteria from adhering to the bladder walls: the cranberry contains a substance called proanthocyanidin A (PAC), which prevents the bacteria from adhering to the bladder walls, thus preventing the infection.
- Substances with antimicrobial properties: the cranberries contain bioflavonoids that help in the destruction of the pathogenic bacteria that can cause urinary tract infections.
- They help in reducing the inflammation: urinary infections can cause inflammation and pain. The cranberry contains substances with anti-inflammatory properties that can help in reducing the inflammation and the pain.
- The cranberry is rich in antioxidants: cranberries contain powerful antioxidants, such as vitamin C and flavonoids, which help in protecting the cells against the oxidative stress and strengthen the immune system.
Horsetail – benefits in urinary infections
- Horsetail is a medicinal herb that has been used for centuries to relieve a variety of ailments, including the urinary tract infections. It has multiple health benefits, including the following:
- Diuretic properties: horsetail has diuretic properties, helps in removing the excess water from the body through urine, reduces the inflammation and pain associated with the urinary tract infections.
- It contains substances with antibacterial properties: the horsetail contains substances with antibacterial properties that help in the fight against the bacteria that cause urinary infections.
- Studies on the ingredient show that:
- Horsetail extract is considered a herbal treatment for urinary tract infection with E coli, Proteus mirabilis, Klebsiella pneumonia, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Staphylococcus aureus, Staphylococcus saprophyticus, Enterococcus faecalis as efficient as Ciprofloxacin 30mcg and Amoxycillin.1.4.5.
- It contains antioxidants: the horsetail contains antioxidants that help in protecting the cells against the oxidative stress and reducing the inflammation associated with the urinary tract infections.
- It helps strengthen the immune system: the horsetail contains vitamin C and other nutrients that help strengthen the immune system and contribute to the health of the urinary tract in case of urinary tract infections.
Bearberry – benefits in urinary infections
- Bearberry (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) is a medicinal herb that has been used for centuries to relieve a variety of ailments, including the urinary tract infections. Here are several benefits of bearberry in urinary tract infections:
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties: the bearberry contains substances with antibacterial and antifungal properties that help in fighting against bacteria and fungi that can cause the urinary tract infections.
Studies on the ingredients show that:
- Bearberries act as a diuretic and remedy in the urinary tract infections, painful urination and kidney stones. Arbutin acts against Candida albicans and Staphylococcus aureus and especially against E.coli. 6.7.8.
- Diuretic properties: bearberries have diuretic properties, helping to eliminate the excess water from the body through urine.
- It reduces the inflammation: the urinary infections can cause inflammation and pain. The bearberries contain substances with anti-inflammatory properties that can help in reducing the inflammation and pain.
- Antioxidant properties: the bearberries contain powerful antioxidants, such as the flavonoids and vitamin C, which help in protecting the cells against the oxidative stress and strengthen the immune system.
UROFORTE® Benefits. It:
- supports the normal bladder and kidney function;
- helps to alleviate the urinary tract infections;
- helps in reducing the risk of recurrence of urinary tract infections in women;
- supports the kidney excretory and elimination functions;
- supports the body’s physiological resistance to severe environmental conditions (cold sensation, low temperatures, irritants, dampness, sweating);
- supports the urinary flow.
Adults: 1 vegetable capsule per day with a sufficient amount of liquid. Consume a minimum of 2 liters of fluid per day.
Duration of a course is 15 days. You can continue taking 1 vegetable capsule a day for up to 3 months to maintain a healthy urinary tract.
It can be combined with the antibiotic treatments. Regular administration effectively protects the urinary tract.
Recommended in combination with Probiotic Complex containing Lactobacillus strains, effective for vaginal health. Studies on Lactobacillus strains confirm that probiotics can reduce the episodes of urinary tract infections (UTIs) and antibiotic treatments by 79%.
For problems associated with kidney inflammation, we recommend Renox Renal Detox®.
Active ingredients/ vegetable capsule:
|Bearberry (Arctostaphylos uva-ursi) extract 4-5:1 from leaves||150 mg|
|standardized to min. 10% arbutin||15 mg|
|Horsetail (Equisetum arvense) extract 4-5:1 from aerial parts||100 mg|
|standardized to min. 7% silicon||7 mg|
|Exocyan™ Cran 40g/ Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) fruit extract||90 mg|
|standardized to min. 40% proanthocyanidins||36 mg|
|Apple (Malus pumila) fruit powder||25 mg|
|Fig (Ficus carica) fruit powder||25 mg|
|Japanese plum (Prunus salicina) fruit powder||25 mg|
|Chinese date (Ziziphus jujuba) fruit powder||10 mg|
|St. John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) powder from aerial parts||10 mg|
*Nutritional Reference Values according to Regulation 1169/2011**Daily intake has not been established.
Does NOT contain: colorings, artificial flavors, preservatives, sugar, sodium, gluten/fat, shellfish/fish, eggs, peanuts/nuts, lactose.
STORAGE CONDITIONS: at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
STORAGE CONDITIONS: at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
* The products sold through the website www.cosmopharm.eu are food supplements. Food supplements do not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. They do not require a medical prescription and do not replace a treatment prescribed by a specialist doctor. The effects of the products vary from one person to another depending on lifestyle, metabolism, age, state of health, etc. It is not mandatory to obtain the expected results, or those already obtained by the people who used our products. If you suffer from certain ailments, it is recommended to consult your doctor before using the product. You must not use the information present in these pages to diagnose or treat any health problem or disease or to replace the medicines and treatments prescribed by authorized medical personnel. Carefully read the description, label, packaging or leaflet of the product before using it!
* All images are for presentation purposes.
You may also like…
Probiotics: 30 capsules to restore the intestinal flora – 10 billion CFU: It restores flora and regulates the transit. It increases the body immunity. It stops the growth of harmful bacteria.
PROSTATOFORT prostate anti-inflammatory: adjuvant in prostate dysfunctions, reduces its volume. It relieves the sensation of frequent, incomplete, difficult urination.
Revolutionary formula for kidney detoxification and elimination of water retention. Powerful natural diuretic. Kidney tonic!